WELCOME TO “WHERE IN THE WORLD DID THE PILGRIMS LAND?”
This project is a fun way to get in touch with your past and to learn more about America, her people and the world we share with others. Who knows, you may win a trip to the spot where the Pilgrims first landed.
All participants entering the WHERE project should follow the steps below.
Five Key Project Steps:
- REFLECT – Participants reflect on their home community in an effort to understand what makes a community free and a great place for everyone to live.
- DISCOVER – When you discover where the Pilgrims landed in the New World, you will take a journey from European countries through the Atlantic Ocean to America.
- IMAGINE – Use your imagination to write, create art, photos or videos, or build a science project, as you discover the birth of a new nation.
- CREATE – Create a project to describe what you imagine and engage others in the process.
- SHARE – Take all that you have created and submit your work on the ENTER MY PROJECT Share it with the world and engage others by describing your experiences on the website’s blog page.
What Are the Outcomes?
- Let’s start with Learning. Participants and their families will learn in engaging ways. You can choose any approach to answering the critical questions. For example, participants may want to focus on a science project about navigation or weather, or an artwork or photograph depicting numerous subjects about the landing of the Pilgrim’s in America, or an essay, poem or history overview about why people are confused about where the Pilgrims landed and settled.
- Get to know others around the country and around the world by sharing your experience on the WHERE Blog. Sway ideas and tell others about where you live.
- Strengthen ideas about the history of our Representative Democracy and how and where the first settlers landed and how the Native Americans influenced the settlers’ way of life.
- A continuing and engaging dialogue about the importance of freedom and respect for others at home and around the world.